Friday, March 23, 2007

March 23, 2007

For someone who has spent one night in a hospital in the past 20 years, and who sees a physician only when absolutely necessary (it's a "guy" thing, you know), I certainly have my share of upcoming appointments:

Mar 26--MUGA (multiple gated acquisition) heart scan
Mar 27--PET (positron emission tomography) scan
Mar 29--Oncology consult
Apr 2--1st chemo appt (CHOP + Rituxan). The head of the chemo dept warned me that this appt will be 5.5-6.5 hours long. (Guess no golfing that day!)

So I appear to be on a fast treatment track. I cannot say enough about the kind, compassionate, caring military medical professionals by whom I have had the honor of being treated. They have been simply superb!

In retrospect, the most touching, unexpected blessing of this whole situation has been the unexpected, undeserved yet sincerely appreciated love, support and prayers from family, friends, and former acquaintances who have proven themselves to be far more. You will never know how much your thoughts and prayers have blessed Geri and me.

So, whenever you read this, thank you . . . with our love, humbly and sincerely.

1 comment:

Don Stutsman said...

I found that Army medicine and all associated with it to be superb. You will come to be on a first name basis with many of the doctors, nurses and technicians and all are great. Your journey is just begining but they will br with you all the way. There really is an end. Best wishes. Don