Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March 28, 2007

BLUF--Join Geri and me in praising God!! Just got a call from Dr. Rainey, my oncologist, who has all the test results--EVERYTHING is normal, except for the original lab report (and my missing kidney, which I didn't know was AWOL!). They are going to reexamine the specimen and render a second opinion regarding the diagonosis of lymphoma--not likely that they'll have a different opinion.

So, although I have the lowest grade of lymphoma, (assuming the lab report agrees with the original diagnosis), this particular disease is diffuse, meaning that there are probably lymphoma cells throughout my body but have not yet manifested themselves in the form of masses or tumors. This makes treatment problematic because it'll be difficult to determine how much is enough but Dr. Rainey recommended an entire chemo regimen to get any of these diffuse cancer cells, wherever they are throughout my body. I intend to follow his recommendation.

Thanks to all who said a prayer--your prayers have been answered!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...what elase can we say!
God is Bigger!

Jim O'Brien said...

GREAT news, Phil! We'll be waiting for the results of the test. If the decision is to proceed with the chemo, know that it's the best (perhaps the only) way to ensure that you're "cancer free" (two of the most significant words in the English language). Be assured that you remain in our thoughts and prayers. We pray that you'll have something additional to celebrate this Easter. He is risen!!!