Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March 27, 2007

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): The tests are over but the wait continues.

The MUGA yesterday had me lying on a table with an iv, while the tech positioned a large x-ray looking machine at three angles around my heart, about 10 minutes for each angle. After it was over, he showed me a digital "moving" picture of my heart beating! They'll use triangulation to figure out the volume of my left ventricle, apparently most critical and a baseline for future, post-chemo heart function.

The PET scan today was a bit more lengthy albeit with no results either. My prep was to fast from all carbos and vegetables after noon, have only protein for dinner (I had steak and mussels, nothing else!) then completely fast after 8 p.m. (not too tough). Geri was an angel and rode in with me early this morning, so we could use the carpool lane--we got there 30 minutes early! I was administered an IV and irradiated glucose, then had to lie still for about 45 minutes BEFORE the scan, allowing the radiation to circulate throughout my body. The scaning machine looks like the CAT scanner but required me to lie still for about an hour while the table on which I lay moved back and forth. The tech said it was ok to snooze so I did!

We had our date at lunch afterwards (I was "fairly" hungry!) and will await our oncology consult on Thursday when all results should be available. We're still have the joy of our Lord!

Thanks again for all the prayers, love and support!

No comments: