Monday, May 14, 2007

May 14, 2007

BLUF--Had my last chemo (at least for now) today! The hemotologist reviewed my bone marrow biopsy and declared that the abnormal cells were not cancerous! All glory be to God!

What this means is that my subsequent treatment will consist of scans to be certain nothing has developed since the last ones; two, possibly three root canals on June 5th (they have to wait until my red and white cell counts are close to normal), and then 15-18 radiation treatments. After chemo, the root canals will be a breeze!

I am more than ready to be rid of the side effects of chemo--the mild nausea, nerves on edge, insomnia, etc. Some of the milder effects include a loss of taste for coffee (used to have three or four cups in the morning), a chemical-like taste on my tongue and loss of appetite--all are probably related.

Anyway, no more chemo for now is wonderful news for which I am praising and thanking God!

2 comments:

Mike said...

CONGRATULATIONS PHIL!!!

I just checked for an update...not expecting to see one...knowing how bad you feel on Chemo-Mondays. Wow!!!!!!! I'm glad I did. KO called me today...asked about you. I told him you were getting your LAST chemotherapy treatment today (hoping I was right...looks like I was). He, like many of us, are worried about you and pray for a 100% recovery. No man I know deserves that more than you...

Terry said...

Phil

That's great news! We included you in our prayers at our church a few Sundays ago.