Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 16, 2007

BLUF--the side effects of the oral chemo this week have been kicking my behind. Seems these are cumulative because I didn't really feel badly until Thursday, the last time. Yesterday, Tuesday, I had problems getting out of bed after the meds and today's not much better. I'll just have to tough it out for the next couple of days.

Some may be wondering about the root canals. I asked the same thng. Since the original bone tumor was found in my upper jaw, and since a nerve may have been severed during the biopsy, they want to do the root canals as a preventative measure just in case the affected teeth become infected or start to die, because my healing abilities are greatly reduced during chemo/radiation. So, in the interim between chemo and radiation, two or three root canals. Just more fun than I can stand!!

I am still looking up for strength, comfort and joy which God faithfully gives me daily. Thanks for your love, support and prayers which are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Phil. You are an inspiration. Look forward to golfing with you again when I'm back in Hawaii. Tom Edgar and family.