Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May 23, 2006

BLUF-Side effects seem to be lingering this time around.

This represents the oral meds I've taken over the past seven weeks. It does not include the three rounds of approximately three liters of medication-infused saline solution over the same period. They don't call it "chemo" for nothing!

A week-and-a-half after the last IVs and a half-week after the last oral meds, I'm still feeling negative side effects. Seems they are cumulative and are longer-lasting than previous occasions.

Went out for a round of golf on Monday, May 21st. Felt woozy for the first nine then really fatigued during the next. Broke 100 which is pretty good, considering how I was feeling! Tried to go running yesterday but it turned into a jog/walk. Was able to go about 400 yards before I had to stop and walk so it's getting better, but slowly.

Had a minor milestone this morning: my first cup of coffee in seven weeks! Immediately after my first round of chemo, I completely lost my taste for coffee: couldn't even stnnd the smell of it. I'm taking this as a sign that I'm moving toward normalcy and thanking God for small blessings.

Just trusting God to take me through this valley, knowing that once through, I'll appreciate the mountaintop so much more! He does answer prayers: the cancer in one of my buddies was determined to be in its earliest stages and very treatable, and his prognosis is good. Thanking God for BIG BLESSINGS and taking time to smell the coffee!!

No comments: