Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 17, 2007

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)--side effects of chemo are done except that even with an increased appetite, I can't seem to eat very much before feeling full, making weight gain difficult. I know, many reading this wish that they had this problem but believe me, you don't!

Just learned today that post-chemo, pre-rediation, I'll need to get two, maybe three root canals. Oh joy! These are purely preventative because once radiation begins, my healing abilities will be greatly impaired. So rest of April and all of May are shaping up to be fun months! Finish up chemo; two, possibily three root canals; radiation treatments for 2.5 to three weeks. But as my ND buddy, Jim O'Brien, himself a cancer survivor said, "Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!"

Have been noticing more hair in the drain after showers so I'm either going to end up "thinning" or completely bald. If it starts to come out in patches, I'll have one of my grandsons, in role reversal, give me a good buzz. Can't wait to ask, "Are you done yet?!"

We're fine. This experience has given us a new appreciation for every day, for each other, and for our friends and family. We thank God for His many blessings to us. May He bless each and every one of you!

No comments: