Monday, April 2, 2007

April 2, 2007

The first day of chemo went fine except that I was there from 8:30 a.m. till 3:15 p.m! They started with the drug to which most people have reactions and for the first few hours, I was getting more saline solution than medication! After a while, they ramped up the dosage and I got the last three medications within the last two hours. Anyway, except for a slight headache and feeling a little quesy--might be from sitting inside all day--I have no side effects, yet. Planning on a long walk with Geri as soon as I sign off here.

God is indeed good! This disease may have been meant for my ill but God meant it for good--mine and hopefully for others as well. I can honestly say that today, I have more peace and joy and I am more confident in my faith than I was before I got the news! It doesn't get better than that!

Riding this wave on you love, prayers and support! Thank you all--you'll never know how much you are appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we rejoice with you -and prayed for you today!
Love, Elisabeth and Kent

Jim O'Brien said...

Keep up the positive attitude, Phil. It's vitally important!

Best wishes to you and Geri for a blessed Easter season. He is risen!!!