Saturday, April 7, 2007

April 7, 2007

BLUF--I'm not dead yet!! The worst seems to be over, at least this time around. I took my last chemo by mouth last night--this is supposed to be the one which is causing nausea, insomnia and the generally "amped" feeling (high heart rate, slight headache, etc.) If I can dump these symptoms, I'll be just fine, thanks! I get to do this all over again in two weeks.

Want to lose eight ugly pounds in less than a week? Try the new chemo suppressed appetite at your oncologist now--somehow I don't think anyone would pay for this weight reduction plan!

Looking forward to celebrating this weekend. Remembering the suffering of our Lord makes my present situation inconsequential. The great news is that HE IS RISEN so we have a hope and a future.

May God bless every one of you. Thanks always for your continued thoughts and prayers. Please say a prayer for Geri as I know this is probably tougher on her than it is on me. Love to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess I keep my pounds and consider me "blessed". No, I will not consider going on your diet.
May you have a great Easter, celebrating the Lords victory over sickness and even death.
We love and pray for you and Geri.
You both are special to us (and many young couples!!!!)
Kent and Elisabeth